Re: How does SPI differ from SFC?

From: Bdale Garbee <bdale(at)gag(dot)com>
To: Michael Renzmann <mrenzmann(at)madwifi(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: How does SPI differ from SFC?
Date: 2007-09-28 06:50:10
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 08:21 +0200, Michael Renzmann wrote:

> Maybe the most important question is: does the MadWifi project qualify as
> member of the SPI at all?

Yes, I think it does.

> Hence the question: does the existence (and the ongoing support) of
> MadWifi (the driver) cause any problems regarding a possible SPI
> membership?

I do not see any problem with that.

Even if you were only planning to continue to support the open-source
wrapper around the HAL-blob, I believe we would be willing to at least
consider a proposal for treating you as an associated project. Given
your stated objective of replacing the blob with a true open source
driver, I look forward to reviewing a proposal.

Regards,

Bdale