Re: [DRAFT 3]: Charter for the Open Source Committee

From: Russell Nelson <nelson(at)crynwr(dot)com>
To: "Ean R (dot) Schuessler" <ean(at)novare(dot)net>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DRAFT 3]: Charter for the Open Source Committee
Date: 1999-11-09 15:09:27
Lists: spi-general

Ean R . Schuessler writes:
> In that sense, OSI has probably single handedly struck the most
> damaging blow possible to the effort of making the Open Source term a
> meaningful tool for the community. As to our duff, it has been busily
> fabricating a control structure geared towards a membership oriented
> organization.

In other words, you've created a bureaucracy. Not only that, but
you're proud of it. That's pretty sad (definitely speaking as an
individual here).

> When it hasn't been doing that, it has been hosting
> projects and contructing the second largest Linux distribution in the
> world.

Debian created SPI, not vice-versa.

--
-russ nelson <sig(at)russnelson(dot)com> http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software | PGPok | Government schools are so