Re: Status of purcel

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of purcel
Date: 2003-03-10 13:31:11
Lists: spi-general

Wichert Akkerman writes ("Re: Status of purcel"):
> You can see the usage on the cricket graphs. It is a pII-350 with 128mb
> of memory and a 4gb SCSI disk. The main bottlenecks are memory and
> diskspace.

The spare machine I have is a K6-II 350 with 128Mb of RAM. It doesn't
have any disk (that got cannibalised for something else). It's
currently in a 10-year-old full tower case, but I have a spare mini
tower somewhere I think, but we're not talking 1U here.

I'm not sure if that machine, with the addition of a random disk,
would be able to take the load. Do you want two machines ? You could
put the heavy work on one and leave the other to do the light work
quickly.

Ian.