Re: Call for votes for SPI board of directors membership election

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for votes for SPI board of directors membership election
Date: 2003-11-07 13:05:01
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

Wichert Akkerman writes ("Call for votes for SPI board of directors membership election"):
> As such, vote preferences should be made by ranking the candidates. A
> vote that simply specifies "X" is does not imply preference. [...]

I am very disappointed, Wichert, that despite detailed explanations,
and clear consensus to use a more sensible system, you haven't heeded
everyone's wishes.

I'm now wondering whether the Board should pass an emergency
resolution suspending the election and asking you to restart it with a
more sensible interpretation of ballots.

Ian.