Re: no SPI meeting remainder ?

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: no SPI meeting remainder ?
Date: 2006-11-27 12:56:02
Lists: spi-general

MJ Ray writes ("Re: no SPI meeting remainder ?"):
> Michael Schultheiss <schultmc(at)spi-inc(dot)org> wrote:
> > The spi-announce list was configured to discard posts from
> > non-subscribed addresses. I've updated the list config so Neil's posts
> > to spi-announce aren't discarded in the future.
>
> I'm amazed. [...]

You're amazed that mail occasionally falls by the wayside nowadays ?
Where have you been living the last decade ?

Spam levels on the public internet are running at _at least_ 90%. For
some recipients, it's much much higher. This means that to even a
small erroneous acceptance rate can render an email flow unuseable
because of the spam volume. This in turn means that not-optimal
antispam measures are deployed in desperation.

This situation is probably not going to improve until the people who
currently run the world are replaced with a new generation who have
suffered this problem personally.

Ian.