Re: Proposed resolution 1998-12-13.mgs.1: Donations to SPI

From: Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)cs(dot)leidenuniv(dot)nl>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposed resolution 1998-12-13.mgs.1: Donations to SPI
Date: 1999-03-11 23:36:34
Lists: spi-general

Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> 6. Since SPI and affiliated projects will (at least partially) depend
> on donations and dedication it is not acceptable that this
> donation or dedication may be terminated at any time. This could
> cause major problems for associated projects.

I think you need a loophole in here that in some situations a donator
can require immediate termination. For example if something weird
happens and the donator might get into legal problems or thinks that
SPI abuses the donations.

I also miss the ability to earmark donations for a specific goal. A
donator should be able to say for example `I have this listserver you
can use, but only for security-related projects', or any other possible
restriction. Without this it is also impossible to make a donation
specifically for a single SPI project, such as Debian.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma(at)cs(dot)leidenuniv(dot)nl