Re: [part 2] Article 3: Membership

From: Darren Benham <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [part 2] Article 3: Membership
Date: 1999-03-25 23:08:05
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 05:22:47PM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> > >I'd have it expire in 2 years also... basicly a ping to take them off the
> > >email lists if they don't respond...
> > Then you have to define what happens when a contributing memebr slips into
> > non contrib. I think this way is easy, and really see no need to remove
> > inactive supporting members. Otherwise I'd me for a longer term (4-5
> > years possibly).
>
> Perhaps it's time to address the issue of whether we'll have the
> (hu)manpower needed to manually reinstate a member every year. I know that
> some of this could be automated, but the automation will inevitably
> require a responsible, quick-to-reply set of maintainers, in much the same
> way as the debian new-maintainer list does.

With the automation, I don't see why it'd be a large problem. Debian has
functioned pretty well with it's new maintainer team... SPI, if it has
that big if a membership work load, should also have a larger pool of
volunteers that can be tapped for projects such as this.

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *