Re: Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

From: Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)cs(dot)leidenuniv(dot)nl>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES
Date: 1999-03-31 00:33:11
Lists: spi-general

Previously Christoph Lameter wrote:
> I just dont want the common committee nature which I have seen. It
> will make swift action impossible. Such a committee for daily
> operations is deadly for an organization.

I see a committee as a group of people with a certain task and a single
leader. How they organize themselves is entirely up to the committee
itself. Different committees will probably warrant different structures.

> This is a double edged sword. Too much regulation can cause a mess as
> well.

Having them and having to use them all the time are different things.
Or do you think that the constitution is hindering or regulating
too much in Debian?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma(at)cs(dot)leidenuniv(dot)nl