Re: Bylwas Revision[2]: COMMITTEES

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylwas Revision[2]: COMMITTEES
Date: 1999-04-03 17:08:29
Lists: spi-general

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 02:32:34PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Charter
> > -------
> > - the BOD issues and revoke charters (i.e. create and disband committees).
>
> add `in close coordination with the committee leader'
Why? Often the charter is written before there is an "official" leader
(the BOD might know who they want in the position but there isn't a leader,
yet).

> > Leadership and Membership
> > - the BOD appoints the committee leadership (leaders and alternates)
>
> How about adding something like `If a leader leaves the new leader is
> appointed by the BOD, after consultation with the leaving leader.' ?
Is what you are saying, "If a leaer leaves, the BOD is to consult with the
leaving leader before appointing a new leader"??

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *