Re: [DRAFT 1] Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DRAFT 1] Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES
Date: 1999-04-08 18:55:33
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 12:13:17PM -0400, Nils Lohner wrote:
> Committees are an extension of the board of directors and take care of the
> day to day operation of the organization. They are set up to deal with
> ongoing issues within the organization.
Committees are an extension of the board of directors and take care of the
daily ongoing concerns of the organization|corporation. They are not to be
formed for one-time or short term situations.

> Committees are governed by the board of directors and are accountable to
> the board and the membership.
>
> [should this be further defined? I'm thinking of where they send the
> minutes, and where they get their direction from... 'governed' can mean a
> lot of things, and I'm not sure if I should narrow this down, or leave it to
> the charter.]
Charter...

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *