Re: [DRAFT 2] Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DRAFT 2] Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES
Date: 1999-04-15 20:57:21
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 05:46:47PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> Just curious about how difficult it will be to add more permanent
> committees. I'm thinking that as the organization grows, some tasks
> left to the BOD will become too onerous for them to handle, but will be
> important enough to need a dedicated committee (budget work may fall in
> this category if the ball really get rolling in donations/supported
> projects). I think the two are fine to start with, as long as more can be
> added as they become needed.

"Permanent committees" can be added by just activating a charter and never
deactivating it. The idea behind putting commmittees in the By-Laws is to
make it very difficult to ever disband the commitee. Because it's not
listed here doesn't mean it has to expire...

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *