Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]
Date: 1999-05-28 23:14:27
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 06:06:36PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> Right, I think a relatively high quorum for something as major as
> adding/removing members of the BOD would be wise. I guess it all depends
> on what kinds of issues would "normally" be presented for voting on by the
> general membership. Presumably most voting would take place in the BOD,
> committees (and short-term "task forces" appointed by them for one-time
> events), and only major issues or revocations of these other votes would
> be presented to the membership as a whole (one might call it the
> "committee of the whole" as they do in Congress in the US). Is that a
> correct perception of how things will be handled?

That's how *I* envision it. I think that's how Nils expects it to be, too.
In theory, however, any member can put a resolution out for the body to
vote on.. even what color grape juice they prefer...

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *