Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]

From: Nils Lohner <lohner(at)typhoon(dot)icd(dot)teradyne(dot)com>
To: Christoph Lameter <christoph(at)lameter(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]
Date: 1999-06-03 21:51:38
Lists: spi-general

In message <Pine(dot)LNX(dot)4(dot)10(dot)9905281054520(dot)10867-100000(at)cyrix200(dot)lameter(dot)com>,
Chr
istoph Lameter writes:
>On Thu, 27 May 1999, Nils Lohner wrote:
>
>> - The voting procedures should be similar to a company and its stockholders
>> or to a cooperative and its members
>
>SPI is a nonprofit and thus the term stockholders does not
>apply and might give a wrong impression.

This was just to get people thinking of the correct model, it's not in the
text.

>> - The board of directors together with the committees run the organization.
>> - the board of directors (and its committees) represent the membership and
>> acts in accordance with its wishes.
>
>Committees are appointed by the board right? Thus the board is the
>representation of the membership and the committees are accountable to the
>board.

This was redundant; it's stated in both the membership and committee
sections.

>Have you thought about guidelines for resignations? Resignations seem to
>be quite common and it would be good to have some rules for these.

I don't think resingations should be addressed... a letter sent to the board of directors should be sufficient. IWe can address that inteh BOD section.

Thanks for the comments.

Nils.