Bylaws Revision: BOD, Officers, Amendments [1]

From: "Nils Lohner" <lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Bylaws Revision: BOD, Officers, Amendments [1]
Date: 1999-06-06 14:52:23
Lists: spi-general

[These three we can do in one shot, the changes are minor. --Nils]

ARTICLE SEVEN - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mostly OK, but need to clarify that the BOD should consist of 8-12
members, four of which shall be the officers.

- Simply change the first sentence to read as follows:

The business of this organization shall be managed by a Board of Directors
consisting of eight to 12 members, four of which shall be the officers of
this organization.

ARTICLE EIGHT - OFFICERS
Need to move the names of officers into an appendix so it can be changed
without a membership vote. The rest is fine.

- Remove the names of the officers
- Add an appendix which contains the names of the current officers and their
positions. This appendix shall also state:
This section shall be modified to contain the names of the current
officers of the organization when necessary, and shall not require a vote
beyond the approval of the resolution appointing the officers.

ARTICLE TWELVE - AMENDMENTS
This is fine, but need to add that amendments to the appendices only
require a 2/3 BOD approval, or something like that (i.e. if the BOD
membership changes or the officer positions change, a vote should not even
be needed to modify the appropriate appendix- this needs to be stated
somehow.)

- Add text to allow easy modification of appendices
Appendices containing organizational information shall not require a vote
of the membership for modification. They may be modified by a 2/3 vote of
the Board of Directors, unless otherwise stated therein.

I think that this is all that needs changing. I'll put out a final text
with _all_ bylaws modifications the week after next, and then if noone has
any more objections/comments, then we'll get it voted on.

Thanks to everyone who has been helping with the bylaws!

Nils.

--
Nils Lohner Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
E-Mail: lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org PO Box 1326