Re: Resolution 1999-08-03.nl.2: Appointment of DPL as Advisor to the BOD

From: Martin Schulze <joey(at)finlandia(dot)Infodrom(dot)North(dot)DE>
To: Nils Lohner <lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolution 1999-08-03.nl.2: Appointment of DPL as Advisor to the BOD
Date: 1999-08-04 19:31:02
Lists: spi-general

Nils Lohner wrote:

> [This resolution gives the current DPL a position of advisor to the board of
> directors. This position was defined in a previous resolution.
> Comments/changes welcome. --Nils]

Generally I appreciate this and consider it a good idea. However I
do not want to make this singular for Debian. I'd like to invite
the Gnome Project Leader (currently: Miguel de Icaza) as well.

> Resolution 1999-08-03.nl.2
> Appointment of Debian Project Leader as Advisor to the BOD
>
> RECOGNIZING that the Debian Project plays a large and active role in the
> Free Software community, and
>
> NOTING that comments and criticism from large Free Software projects will
> enable SPI to maintain its goal of furthering the development of software,
>

> The SPI Board of Directors hereby resolves to:
>
> APPOINT the Debian Project Leader to the position of Advisor to the SPI
> Board of Directors with the rights and privileges thereof.

Please ensure that it is clear that only the current DPL is a
special advisor per se. If the DPL changes (once every year)
another person will be this special advisor. The same would
apply to the GPL.

Regards,

Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.