Re: Resolution 1999-08-03.nl: Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations

From: "Ean R (dot) Schuessler" <ean(at)novare(dot)net>
To: Martin Schulze <joey(at)infodrom(dot)north(dot)de>
Cc: board(at)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolution 1999-08-03.nl: Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations
Date: 1999-08-16 17:00:01
Lists: spi-general

Well, I'm probably being overly paranoid. I was just worried that if we
contract to use a service we may be bound to use that service for the
duration specified and subject to some unknown penalty if we terminate
its use early. The only reason I was getting that specific is that things
are never "understood" in a legal contract, which is why they are so long
and boring.

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 10:36:19AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I'm not sure why you want to add a termination clause since it's
> logical (at least to me). If the donor is unwilling to provide
> permission to use a service for a different use it will be used
> in the old way or abandoned. Logical to me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joey

Ean Schuessler Director of New Products and Technologies
Novare International Inc. The Unstoppable Fist of Digital Action
--- Some or all of the above signature may be a joke