Re: [DRAFT 3]: Charter for the Open Source Committee

From: "Darren O(dot) Benham" <gecko(at)benham(dot)net>
To: Russell Nelson <nelson(at)crynwr(dot)com>
Cc: Nils Lohner <lohner(at)spi-inc(dot)org>, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, board(at)opensource(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DRAFT 3]: Charter for the Open Source Committee
Date: 1999-11-07 06:21:14
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 12:07:27AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Then I ask that SPI transfer the domain names open-?source.{org,net}
> to OSI. If not, then why not? There is no Open Source trademark, and
> SPI has no particular mandate from the 12/98 consultation to manage
> Open Source. Historically, OSI has maintained the domain, and done so
> in a responsible manner (including changing the NS records on the
> domain on an emergency basis to maintain service, which action SPI
> reversed).
The dispensation of the domain name is another action for the committee to
consider... Otherwise, we've been talking with Ian Murdock. Who's the
official OSI contact for this matter? You, him or some other person?

> Tim Sailer has not been on the board since 13 Mar 99.
So? He still has my respect.

* Debian Developer, Debian Project Secretary, Debian Webmaster *
* <gecko(at)debian(dot)org> <secretary(at)debian(dot)org> <lintian-maint(at)debian(dot)org> *
* <webmaster(at)debian(dot)org> <gecko(at)fortunet(dot)com> <webmaster(at)spi-inc(dot)org> *