Re: Pristine source archive

From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pristine source archive
Date: 2002-04-15 18:28:41
Lists: spi-general

On 20020415T141659-0400, Dale E Martin wrote:
> I have read the GPL and LGPL several times, and reread the pertinent parts
> of the GPL before sending my reply to you. Just because our
> interpretations differ on some of the fine points doesn't mean I have not
> read it; please stop implying that I have not.

It certainly looked like you hadn't, as your interpretation (now it
seems) relies on a certain reading of a certain phrase, which you did
not even mention in your first two mails. Now that you've elaborated on
your interpretation I see that you have read the license.

BTW, if, as you seem to imply, distribution of A on the Internet at one
site and B on a different site and telling people who ask for B that
it's on that site, counts as "accompanying" B with A, then I don't see
why the license has to contain the last paragraph of section 3.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, LuK (BSc) * http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ * gaia(at)iki(dot)fi