Re: Next board meeting

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)debian(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next board meeting
Date: 2002-12-11 05:33:05
Lists: spi-general

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:23:19PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> (3) Appointment of officers to vacated positions (Vice-President,
> and any others necessary)
>
> (4) Acceptance of nominations to the board, and preparation for a vote
> by the membership on whether to accept the nominations

I'd suggest switching the order of these two.

> (5) Formation of a committee to consider changes to the by laws to
> further the corporation's goals (eg, more membership
> involvement, more effective interaction amongst the board)

I mentioned the possibility of doing this in a reply to John Goerzen. It
should also deal with fixing unclear or inaccurate parts of the bylaws,
as I explained in that reply. Also, we should state who is in the
Membership, Administrative, and Open Source Committees (the only ones
that exist right now AFAIK.

> I would also suggest that the meeting be adjourned if it has not finished
> by 21:00 UTC, to ensure board members can adequately plan for the time
> involved.

Can I suggest, instead, that it adjourn no later than an hour after it
begins, but in any case no later than 21:30 UTC? This is in case some
board members are late. I am suggesting this to give us the maximum
possible chance of meeting quorum.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy(at)debian(dot)org