Re: Next board meeting

From: Anthony Towns <aj(at)azure(dot)humbug(dot)org(dot)au>
To: Ean Schuessler <ean(at)brainfood(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-board(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next board meeting
Date: 2002-12-13 05:10:06
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:29:54PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> > (6) Other issues still before the board
> > (eCos membership? Tax writeoffs/OFTC? United Way? Sincere
> > Choice?)
> Each of these issues constitutes a fairly significant conversation in
> and of itself.

If it were me (and it's not, and won't be), I'd have assigned each of
these to whoever has an interest in them, and had a report presented to
the board discussing any issues and giving a recommendation, and then
just having the report and recommendation accepted or not at the board
meeting. Board meetings aren't really places where you want to have
significant conversations; delegating, setting a deadline, and just
accepting or declining a report's recommendations is much more feasible.

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <aj(at)humbug(dot)org(dot)au> <http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/>

``Australian Linux Lovefest Heads West''
-- linux.conf.au, Perth W.A., 22nd-25th January 2003