Re: [Spi-private] IRC log from 2003-02-04 SPI Board meeting

From: Michael Banck <mbanck(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Spi-private] IRC log from 2003-02-04 SPI Board meeting
Date: 2003-02-26 00:28:46
Views: Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox
Lists: spi-general

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:54:36PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> If I'm going to write software, and donate my efforts and my
> intellectual property the Open Software community, that's my choice.
> I've done this on many occasions. But one thing that I will NOT do
> after making such a free donation of my efforts is to sign something
> which explicitly puts my house and all of my savings at risk. If IBM
> refused to put its corporate assets at risk when it donated the s390
> binutils changes to the FSF, why should I risk mine? As a result, I
> will refuse to donate code to any project which requires me to sign an
> agreement with similar language.

Fair enough. But on the other hand, I guess SPI has to decide whether
*it* wants to take up any risks and stand up for whatever code it
accepted. What happens if some company decides they have a patent on
something and tries to sue us into oblivion?



Browse spi-general by date

  From Date Subject
Next Message Sven Luther 2003-02-26 09:02:06 Re: [Spi-private] IRC log from 2003-02-04 SPI Board meeting
Previous Message Ean Schuessler 2003-02-25 22:28:22 Re: Status of purcel