Re: FW: Lawrence Lessig: Exclusive rights to stagnate

From: Branden Robinson / SPI Treasurer <branden+spi-treasurer(at)deadbeast(dot)net>
To: "Lawrence E(dot) Rosen" <lrosen(at)rosenlaw(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Lawrence Lessig: Exclusive rights to stagnate
Date: 2003-02-28 17:47:13
Lists: spi-general

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 07:25:02PM -0800, Lawrence E. Rosen wrote:
> This is a nice article. I thought I'd pass it along.... /Larry Rosen
[...]
> http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1045510979794
>
> As pressure mounts on the European Parliament to extend patent
> protection to software, a crisis is developing in US patent law that
> Europe would do well to consider. The system in America is broken - to
> the great detriment of software developers generally - and there is no
> reason to believe the Europeans could do any better.

Mr. Rosen,

In the future, please CC spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, not spi-board
with public information that may be of interest to our membership.

This furthers two goals:
1) it helps your message reach a broader audience; and
2) it reduces the annoyance level of those on spi-board who want the
traffic level on that list to remain low.

Thanks for passing that along; I had already read it, and as usual
Professor Lessig is scintillating. :)

--
G. Branden Robinson, Treasurer
Software in the Public Interest, Inc.