Keeping things moving

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Keeping things moving
Date: 2003-03-26 15:38:12
Lists: spi-bylaws

[chairman hat on]

Hello,

We need to be moving along more rapidly, and I think that we need some more
specific procedures for that. To that end, I will try to guide the
future discussion (starting with #04) to these guidelines:

* We discuss each item for a maximum of one week before specific amendments
are proposed.

* We discuss each amendment proposal for a maximum of one week before voting
up or down on it. We will handle rejection of amendments on a case-by-case
basis. Voting will take place over a maximum of three days.

* These deadlines will be extended for items that have active discussion or
ongoing controversy.

If you see a problem with these guidelines, please let me know. I'm quite
willing to use other guidelines. I think we need *something*, and this is
my attempt to do so.

-- John