Re: #06: Public resolutions

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: Bdale Garbee <bdale(at)gag(dot)com>
Cc: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: #06: Public resolutions
Date: 2003-04-01 14:14:23
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 05:41:23PM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org> writes:
>
> > I can't see a need for any secret resolutions.
>
> If SPI ever has any paid employees, the board will need a mechanism for
> dealing with personnel issues privately to meet legal obligations.

Can you give a for instance?

We're talking about resolutions only here. This would be something like
creating a new position, eliminating a position, etc. I'd imagine that they
would do something like appoint a personnell committee to handle paid
employees. The board is not supposed to be involved in day-to-day
management, and probably isn't and shouldn't be acting as a paid employees'
supervisor.