Re: Next steps

From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen(at)complete(dot)org>
To: spi-bylaws(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next steps
Date: 2003-12-11 14:57:25
Lists: spi-bylaws

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:10:33AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> We need to do these things:
>
> 1. Split apart our proposals into chunks that can be accepted/rejected
> separately
>
> 2. Verify that these chunks contain no interdependencies

Sounds like nobody disagrees with splitting them up by article, so we'll
just do that.

> 3. Review the proposals, and our todo lists, for additional changes that
> should be made.

We have several things on the table already:

* Suggestion from DG to add "chapter/verse" to the entire bylaws

* Amendment from DG to clarify board member position rules

* Alternative voting mechanisms

* Review of the todo list

If there is a volunteer to do the first, that would be great. In the
meantime, let's first consider David's board member amendment (David,
can you draft a more formal thing that we can vote on?), then we'll look
at the voting issue.

-- John