Resolution 2004-03-02.iwj.1: inviting wxWidgets as associated project

From: Wichert Akkerman <secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-announce(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Resolution 2004-03-02.iwj.1: inviting wxWidgets as associated project
Date: 2004-06-03 22:28:03
Lists: spi-announce

The following resolution has been accepted by the Board of Directors of
Software in the Public Interest.

Resolution 2004-03-02.iwj.1: inviting wxWidgets as associated project

WHEREAS

1. Software in the Public Interest has received via Bruce Perens a
request from wxWidgets (formerly wxWindows), regarding wxWidgets
becoming an SPI-associated project.

2. wxWidgets is a respectable and useful Free Software project.

3. SPI would be pleased for wxWidgets to become an SPI Associated
Project (according to the Framework for Associated Projects).

THE BOARD OF SPI RESOLVES THAT

4. We invite the wxWidgets Core Team to confirm that they
would like to become an Associated Project.

5. Subject to the approval of the wxWidgets Core Team, and in
particular their confirmation that the Core Team is happy with the
Framework for Associated Projects, SPI will start to take donations
to be held in trust for purposes related to wxWidgets.

6. We invite the wxWidgets Core Team to clarify the decisionmaking
structure of the wxWidgets Project. In particular, we would like
to know how decisions about disbursement of funds for purposes
related to wxWidgets will be approved by the wxWidgets Project, and
how those decisions will be communicated to the SPI Treasurer.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.