Re: Please moderate the SPI mailing lists

From: Robert Brockway <rbrockway(at)opentrend(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2005-01-19 15:02:10
Lists: spi-general

[Regarding, moderation of posted from non-subscribed addresses].

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, John Hasler wrote:

> I wrote:
>> Excellent idea. Who is going to do the moderation?
>
> Wichert writes:
>> We've had the discussion before; nobody is willing to do that.
>
> My point exactly.

I don't see a problem with rejecting non-subscribed addresses outright.
This is a discussion list so I think it is fair to require those posting
to be part of the discussion. Mailman allows a person to subscribe
multiple addresses while only receiving mail at one so those people with
multiple addresses they may post from have options too.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.