Re: [Junta] Re: debian.eu domain?

From: "J(dot) Javier Maestro" <jjmaestro(at)computer(dot)org>
To: junta(at)debian(dot)org(dot)es
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Junta] Re: debian.eu domain?
Date: 2006-05-08 17:19:06
Lists: spi-general

Hi all,

Here is some info on the guy that registered the EU domain:

First,

jjmaestro(at)nias:~$ whois -F -h whois.eu debian.eu
(...)
Domain: debian

So, the application is *not* complete. This is good :)

Then, checking the web-based whois (http://www.whois.eu), it shows the
following (see attached PDF for a mode detailed printout)

Position Applied Applicant Status
1 07/02/2006 Gomez Vergara Jose Maria Expired
11:36:49.236

So, the application has expired. Even better 8)

Clicking on the magnifying glass icon to see further details on the
application... (also attached in a PDF document)

Application Details

Application:

Domain Name debian
Applied 07/02/2006
11:36:49.236
Prior Right Other
Prior Right Country Spain
Prior Right on debian

Applicant:
Name Gomez Vergara, Jose Maria
Language English
Address C/Castilla 20
29007 Malaga
Spain
Phone +34.64996548
Email josemaria(at)kanbilibit(dot)com

(...)

Now, tracking this guy:

- http://www.kanbilibit.com/ (warning, the website resizes the
browser!) is a clinic based in Barcelona, Madrid. I guess J. Maria
works there as IT...

- Google gives us a nice cache page with info from this guy:

search: jose maria gomez vergara kanbilibit

Fom this page, we get his "login" name, jmgv, and another google
with debian jmgv shows us that the guy is/wants to be a Debian
Devel:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/01/msg00039.html

- From the Google cached page, we can get his full mobile phone (the
whois verson is missing the last digit): +34 649.965.484

All in all, the application is expired, and I think SPI, if wanted/needed,
could apply and get the domain.

My 2 EU-cents :D

--
.''`.