Re: Please moderate the SPI mailing lists

From: Josip Rodin <joy(at)srce(dot)hr>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Date: 2006-06-06 08:22:37
Lists: spi-general

Let's revive this old thread... but notice Reply-To:.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:17:09AM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 9:02 am, Robert Brockway wrote:
> > I don't see a problem with rejecting non-subscribed addresses outright.
>
> You shouldn't have to be a subscriber in order to make a suggestion to the
> list.

Both of these valid ideas can be integrated, for example with the holding
mechanism that Mailman has. However, before that, it would be useful if
someone counted how much spam there was and how much valid mail was from
non-subscribed addresses. Then it would be easier to decide whether it's
worth the effort to hold all posts from non-subscribers, or if it's better
to reject them, or to lower SA scores, or do nothing or something fifth.

--
2. That which causes joy or happiness.