Re: [Spi-private] Bruce's Platform

From: Matthew Garrett <mjg59-spi(at)srcf(dot)ucam(dot)org>
To: spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Spi-private] Bruce's Platform
Date: 2006-07-14 17:06:22
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 05:54:40PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Matthew Garrett <mjg59-spi(at)srcf(dot)ucam(dot)org>
> > > I gave you the social contract and it's been the right one for the
> > > project. The activism role belongs in SPI, and Debian's role is to be a
> > > member software project of SPI.
> >
> > I'm sorry, I find that insulting. Nothing in the social contract defines
> > Debian's role with respect to SPI. [...]
>
> It's in the constitution. I think there's no sense flaming Bruce
> for naming the wrong debian foundation document.

The constitution does define the relationship between SPI and Debian
(though certainly not as Bruce described), but the distinction is
relevant here - Bruce was heavily involved in the writing of the social
contract, but the consitution was mostly written by Ian Jackson after
Bruce had resigned.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(at)srcf(dot)ucam(dot)org