Re: [Spi-private] Re: Josh Berkus's platform on political activity, was: money handling

From: Anthony Towns <aj(at)azure(dot)humbug(dot)org(dot)au>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Spi-private] Re: Josh Berkus's platform on political activity, was: money handling
Date: 2006-07-18 05:14:42
Lists: spi-general

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 08:40:31PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Yes, I am. Software patents are a strategic issue, one which relates to our
> ability to do free software in the future. Support & sustain deal strictly
> tactically with project's ability to pay bills, have servers and trademarks,
> and continue day-to-day operation.

FWIW, I think "aid, assist, cooperate, co-sponsor and otherwise engage in
concerted action with private, educational and governmental organizations
and associations on all issues and matters concerning the use of computers
and computer software" would include "strategic issues".

Being confident in your ability to pay bills, host servers and do
day-to-day operations even in the absence of external threats is a far
more important strategic issue though :)

Cheers,
aj