Re: no SPI meeting remainder ?

From: Neil McGovern <neilm(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: no SPI meeting remainder ?
Date: 2006-11-26 14:45:07
Lists: spi-general

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 12:01:38PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Bill Allombert <allomber(at)math(dot)u-bordeaux(dot)fr> wrote:
> > It seems there have been a SPI IRC meeting last Tuesday but no remainder
> > was sent to spi-announce.
> >
> > Am I correct ?
>
> It looks like there was. See
> http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/agenda/2006/2006-11-21.html/

Hi Bill / MJ,

This was sent out in Message-ID: <20061118230811(dot)GG11541(at)mx0(dot)halon(dot)org(dot)uk>

I'm not sure why this didn't get through to spi-announce. For info,
meetings are currently held on the third tuesday of each month, at
19:00UTC, on #spi on irc.oftc.net.

> I notice that there was another proposal to transfer opensource.org to
> OSI before they become accountable to free software developers. Is
> that why there was no announcement?

Really MJ, WHY do you keep coming up with this stuff? I see you're
managing to inject your personal prejudices into simple questions, and
turning them into accusations again.

Why would any resolution stop an announcement being sent out? You seem
to be implying that the board have a hidden agenda. I would suggest you
call a special meeting to withdraw the board. From our by-laws, you
require a request of one third of the membership. This means you need
126 members to agree with you.

> Also, the logs and minutes for July 2005 seem to be missing. Where
> are they?

You mean these minutes, which were published at 2006-06-20 23:46 ?
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meeting-minutes/2005/board-meeting-july-26th-2005.html

> Finally, what is the expected path from http://www.spi-inc.org/ for
> members to find out about meetings? I resorted to playing 'guess the
> URL' again.

http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary
Follow the links.
This hasn't changed since 2003.

Regards,
--
Neil McGovern
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.