Re: SPI's respect for debian resolutions, was: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SPI's respect for debian resolutions, was: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads
Date: 2007-02-15 16:35:40
Lists: spi-general

Jimmy, AJ,

> I agree with AJ; whether or not it's useful for Debian, I'd still
> encourage you to draft the resolution, because it is a glaring
> deficiency that SPI doesn't have any official resolution for Debian
> serving the purpose of our associated project resolutions for the newer
> projects.

It would be helpful to *me*.

However, such a resolution needs to address the issue of who should bring a
request from Debian to the board if not the DPL. You cannot expect
responsible board members to read debian-vote and take action on our own
initiative; there needs to be an official delegate from Debian to SPI,
however appointed, and the selection of this delegate needs to be easily and
publically verifiable.

--
Josh Berkus
Treasurer