Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Cc: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-08 19:29:08
Lists: spi-general

MJ,

> 2007-02-28.iwj.1 included both individuals as recognition of the
> current situation and ultimate authority of the project's
> constitution, while emphasising that project members should alert SPI
> to any relevant things not mentioned by the individual.

I'm fine with Ian's proposal except for clause (8), which I would prefer to
name Debian officers instead of "Debian Developers and others". I've
already seen DD's on *this* list misrepresent the situation re: DPL
authority (i.e. the recall vote) and am simply not prepared to make a
judgement call on whether to take your word or Anthony's. So I'd prefer
that clause 8 be stricken, since none of the other Debian officers are
enumerated in the Constitution.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus