Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Josip Rodin <joy(at)entuzijast(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-11 23:31:40
Lists: spi-general

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 04:27:38PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > I don't think it should be an issue of faith.
>
> Everything is an issue of faith. PostgreSQL is able to operate easily
> without draconian rules by using a level of trust for its participants.
>
> In business, I am taking faith that someone will pay the invoice for the
> work rendered. If they don't, I sue. That is no different with PostgreSQL.
>
> If the PostgreSQL Liaison started acting in a way that was directly
> counter to the implicit interests of the PostgreSQL community, he/she
> could be removed by the PostgreSQL Fundraising Group.
>
> Further if it was considered fraudulent activity the SPI could sue and
> or file charges (depending on what happen) that individual.

Yes, exactly, and the basis of any of these complaints would be the
straightforward procedures that would have been contravened. That's what
I meant by not having issues of faith - everything that can be spelled out
should be spelled out, so that the amount of arguable stuff is minimized.

--
2. That which causes joy or happiness.