Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Josip Rodin <joy(at)entuzijast(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-13 18:37:07
Lists: spi-general

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:10:00AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Would you agree to omit clause 8? I have no problem with the rest of your
> proposal if you take that out.

(It's actually Ian's proposal.)

Josh, would you agree that the part of section 8 that talks about 'any
dispute regarding decisions' is the problem, and not the entire section 8?
I pointed this out in an earlier mail, but it went under the radar, it seems.

The bit about 'any change regarding authority' is worth keeping IMO.
Authority is strictly defined under the Debian Constitution, and the said
document is introduced already in section 5. Indeed, if the extra stuff
about disputes is removed, section 8 becomes just a logical extension
of section 5.

--
2. That which causes joy or happiness.