Re: Resolution 2007-02-15.jrk.1: Openness of Board Discussions

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolution 2007-02-15.jrk.1: Openness of Board Discussions
Date: 2007-03-16 15:17:30
Lists: spi-general

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 03:18:12PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> One thing that is left unclear is when a board member should take it
> upon themselves to forum-shift a discussion to a more-public list, and
> if so how that should be done. This is a constantly thorny problem
> with some difficult tradeoffs. I would like to discuss how we should
> go about that.
>
> I would suggest something like the following:
[suggestion snipped]

There has been no discussion about your suggestions between Feb 15 and
now, and I admit that I haven't figured out what I think the proper
answer to forum-shifting should be. Therefore, I'm not going to include
it in my resolution for today's meeting, but hopefully we can discuss
in the upcoming weeks and clarify that point in a resolution at the
April meeting. I'm certainly not opposed to such a clarification.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org