Re: Inviting questions from SPI

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tim Post <tim(dot)post(at)gridnix(dot)org>
Cc: spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inviting questions from SPI
Date: 2007-07-12 20:35:57
Lists: spi-general

Tim Post wrote:

> Do you feel resources should be put into finding new and promising
> projects prior to 'chicken hawkers' approaching?
>
> How do we lure developers from closing off with "as a service" products
> that can be offered free but aren't F/LOSS which seems to be the candy
> the 'chicken hawkers' have to offer?

For those of us not in the know, could you clarify what a "chicken
hawker" is? In Wikipedia I find two definitions (one related to
homosexuality and the other to war stance in a politician), neither of
which seem to make any sense in this context.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"No necesitamos banderas