Re: Making the ballots secret

From: Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Making the ballots secret
Date: 2007-08-08 08:04:02
Lists: spi-general

Previously MJ Ray wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net> wrote:
> > Previously MJ Ray wrote:
> > > One way they are not secret is that votes seem to be stored on that
> > > server indefinitely. Any webmaster of members.spi-inc could see all
> > > of our past votes back to at least 2004, right?
> >
> > No, a script is run post-vote that removes the relation between the vote
> > and the votee.
>
> So why can I see my past votes back to 2004?

I don't know. Maybe people haven't been running the script anymore.

> Still, can a webmaster of members.spi-inc see votes for current ballots?
> That doesn't seem secret.

A webmaster can't. The nm team and the SPI-admins can take a look inside
the SQL database.

(This is all assuming it's still running the same software as it was a
few years ago)

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert(at)wiggy(dot)net> It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.