Re: Video card drivers for windows xp sony Vaio

From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy(at)spi-inc(dot)org>
To: Janet Taylor <jltaylor(at)az-tec(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Video card drivers for windows xp sony Vaio
Date: 2009-02-04 03:40:41
Lists: spi-general

Hi Janet,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:11:49PM -0500, Janet Taylor wrote:
> Before anyone asks why I have this machine....it's just a
> given. Suddenly, my DVD player won't read any dvds claiming
> protection issues or a disconnect with my video card. I am guessing
> I need an updated driver. Is there an open source one for windows
> xp? Thanks in advance for your consideration and kindness, jlt

There are free/open source software video players like VLC which might help. In
any case, spi-general is not a technical support mailing list. Instead, it's
meant for discussions related to Software in the Public Interest (SPI), which
is a non-profit organization which provides various services to the free
software community. VLC can be found at http://www.videolan.org/ and has
community-based no-cost support options that would be better suited to your
goal of getting working DVD playback than this mailing list. Thank you.

Good luck,

- Jimmy Kaplowitz, SPI Secretary
secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org

P.S. - If you want more information on SPI, http://www.spi-inc.org/ is our
website, or feel free to use this mailing list to ask such questions, or to
email me directly.