Re: Copyright arrangements for a web project

From: Bill Allombert <ballombe(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, debian-project(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copyright arrangements for a web project
Date: 2013-12-14 20:09:47
Lists: spi-general

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:32:59PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > Nevertheless your opinion is interesting to me [...]
> >
> > [explanations]
>
> Thanks for that.

If you find clarification of the license that are grounded in the actual
text and written by B. Kuhn or the FSF, please forward them.

> > > Perhaps not. But I don't want to use debian-legal whose focus is
> > > on DFSG compatibility and whose on-list consensus judgements don't
> > > always seem to align with the actual decisions of those responsible
> > > for these judgements within Debian.
> >
> > Why do you assume I do ?
>
> I'm sorry to have apparently offended you. I didn't intend to imply
> that you had suggested debian-legal. It seemed to me that
> debian-legal was an obvious possible place for this conversation and I
> was explaining why I chose not to use it.

Sorry, I just wanted to warn you that I was far from having the majority
opinion in Debian. (We need to fix debian-legal, but this is another
story.)

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe(at)debian(dot)org>