Re: Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)

From: Jonathan McDowell <noodles(at)earth(dot)li>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)
Date: 2017-03-07 08:39:48
Lists: spi-general

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 08:50:09PM -0800, Josh berkus wrote:
> So in all of this discussion, I've not heard anything which seems
> terribly persuasive compared with just taking our existing system and
> fixing the problem with unranked candidates

FWIW this is already fixed; the current system supports both the old
"unranked means no preference" and the preferred "unranked means lower
preference than all ranked" and defaults to the latter.

J.

--
"A true friend knows who you are...but likes you anyway."
This .sig brought to you by the letter C and the number 2