Re: Computer readable version of SPI ledgers (per project)?

From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm(at)cyrius(dot)com>
To: Peter Cock <p(dot)j(dot)a(dot)cock(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, OBF Board <board(at)open-bio(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Computer readable version of SPI ledgers (per project)?
Date: 2019-10-22 17:05:54
Lists: spi-general

* Peter Cock <p(dot)j(dot)a(dot)cock(at)googlemail(dot)com> [2019-10-22 17:36]:
> Before the OBF joined SPI, we used to prepare our own annual
> financial report, and I am looking to automate something similar
> using our SPI ledgers.
> Examples of things I would like to be able to do easily is report
> year by year conference sponsorship income; or year by year
> server/hosting/domain fees.

You bring up a very good (related) topic, namely custom reporting.
Several projects have asked for some information (e.g. a project has
partnership program and want to see monthly partnership payments; one
project launched a campaign and wanted to know number/amount of PayPal
donations and number of recurring donations).

Such custom reports weren't really possible in the past, but are
possible in theory now. The questions are: what custom reports would
projects need, and (for the board) is that a service SPI wants to
provide?

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/