Re: Privacy policy for Tux Paint; ideas?

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs(at)debian(dot)org>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Privacy policy for Tux Paint; ideas?
Date: 2016-12-11 11:51:06
Lists: spi-general

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino writes ("Re: Privacy policy for Tux Paint; ideas?"):
> PRIVACY POLICY
..
> This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal information you
> may have provided, thereby making it impossible to connect it to any
> particular person. The data is used for statistical purposes in order to
> improve our website and services.

... and for troubleshooting.

> MAILING LIST
>
> Our website offers you the opportunity to subscribe to our mailing list.

I assume there is a development list too, which is public.
This seems to be omitted.

What is further lacking is a statement that the Tux Paint program does
not record any tracking information about its users.

I assume it doesn't. If it has a "track changes" feature then this
isn't true. But a paint program intended for use by children probably
shouldn't have a "track changes" feature!

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk> These opinions are my own.