Re: Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)

From: Ian Jackson <ijackson(at)chiark(dot)greenend(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Barak A(dot) Pearlmutter" <barak(at)pearlmutter(dot)net>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)
Date: 2017-03-04 00:12:41
Lists: spi-general

Barak A. Pearlmutter writes ("Re: Voting system R&D (Re: 2017 update to the SPI voting algorithm for Board elections)"):
> [more range voting advocacy]

I will spare the readers of spi-general a point-by-point rebuttal.

I would caution readers against taking Barak's assertions at face
value. Many of them, including some of the underlying factual
assertions, are flat-out wrong; and the analytical approach is
fundamentally flawed.

Ian.