Re: Phone number for donations?

From: Ean Schuessler <ean(at)brainfood(dot)com>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Phone number for donations?
Date: 2013-05-11 17:34:40
Lists: spi-general

----- "Joshua D. Drake" wrote:
> I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect that a corporation have a
> phone number. The fact that we don't is actually rather embarrassing. A
> simple forwarding number that can be redirected as needed should be in
> place.

You can get a 1-800 number through Gafachi for about $2 per month and
around $0.03 per minute of use. If it was bound to an instance of Asterisk
you could set up extensions and have those ring to anyone's phone anywhere
you wanted. I think similar things can be done with a Google Voice but I only
have personal experience setting up a SIP/IAX connection with Asterisk and
a VOIP vendor.