Re: Call for votes for annual board member elections

From: Bruce Perens <bruce(at)perens(dot)com>
To: Anthony Towns <aj(at)azure(dot)humbug(dot)org(dot)au>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for votes for annual board member elections
Date: 2004-07-17 13:11:57
Lists: spi-announce spi-general

Anthony Towns wrote:

>So, I repeat, isn't Branden already on the board of directors?

The answer is in the minutes you cited:

Resolution 2004-01-06.jrk.1.br.1 replaced Branden Robinson with Jimmy
Kaplowitz as treasurer but did not explicitly remove Branden from
the board
of directors. Ean declared that as president he was willing to
accept legal
responsibility for allowing Branden on the board until elections can
be held
for his position. David proposed resolution 2004-03-02.db1.1 to appoint
Branden to the board of directors as an interim member until the next
annual meeting. Ian seconded the motion and Ean called for a vote:

Branden: abstains
Bruce : in favour
David : in favour
Ean : in favour
Ian : in favour
Jimmy : in favour
Joey : abstains
John : in favour
Mako : in favour

The resolution is accepted with seven votes in favour and none against.

The annual meeting was held on 1 July. Which leads me to think that
Branden is not currently on the board, unless there has been another
interim resolution (I missed the meeting).

Thanks

Bruce