Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, secretary(at)spi-inc(dot)org, leader(at)debian(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status
Date: 2007-03-01 18:11:23
Lists: spi-general

Anthony,

> 8. The SPI board recognises the Debian Constitution as the ultimate
> authority by which the roles will be appointed, and by which
> decisions are made by the Debian project.

We really need something to the effect that the SPI board is not
expected to read or act on anything which takes place on a debian-only
mailing list or forum unless a formal delegation brings it to the
Board's attention.

In the last year, we've repeatedly had SPI+Debian members speak up under
the misapprehension that the SPI board would act on something on
debian-vote on the board's own initiative.

--Josh Berkus