Re: Inviting questions from SPI

From: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
To: spi-private(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org, spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inviting questions from SPI
Date: 2007-07-14 01:39:04
Lists: spi-general

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > [...] is an example of a legitimate-but-not-possible talk
> > opportunity. Can you give an example of an illegitimate one, please?
>
> I would be hard pressed to sponsor a Debian developer to go present a
> talk to a group of other Debian developers. Of course Debian could [...]

Ah, so illegitimate also covers not-our-audience stuff?

Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca> wrote:
> I don't know if others can, but I can. Consider a talk on "open
> source" that argues that some classes of license -- e.g. GNU Copyleft
> -- are dangerous to the American Way and [...]

I had overlooked the possibility of an illegitimate talk, rather than
an illegitimate opportunity. Thank you.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.