Re: Meeting log for 2008-09-17

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: MJ Ray <mjr(at)phonecoop(dot)coop>
Cc: spi-general(at)lists(dot)spi-inc(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meeting log for 2008-09-17
Date: 2008-09-19 16:23:53
Lists: spi-general

MJ Ray wrote:

> AOB hasn't appeared on SPI agendas since 1998. I feel that's good and
> healthy, so I'm disappointed by this back-sliding. None of the board
> stood on a ticket that included hiding stuff from members by allowing
> last-minute unannounced business, did they? In fact, Joerg Jaspert
> *promised* not to disturb SPI's decision making.
>
> Please don't permit AOB at meetings.

We have been doing AOB at meetings since at least my 3rd meeting. I
specifically requested it in fact. It makes things a lot easier on
everyone when something simple needs to be pointed out for the record
but doesn't need a lot of discussion. I don't see us stopping AOB at
this time.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake